Admissions Process

Admissions Process

The process begins with an evaluation conducted by one of our staff. This comprehensive chemical use evaluation is completed to determine the appropriate level of care needed. If the evaluation leads to a recommended treatment, a payment method(s) will be determined and treatment scheduled.

Insurance Process

Prior to providing services or admission, payment or insurance will be pre-authorized if required by your insurance company. We negotiate with provider networks for individual clients.

Please call (763) 533-1388 CLICK TO CALL with insurance specific questions.

Health Insurance Providers:

  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN
  • HealthPartners
  • Hennepin Health
  • UCare
  • MEDICA Health
  • MHP
  • MN Medical Assistance Program
  • South Country Health Alliance

Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions we receive about Minnesota Recovery Center, our services, and more.   Not finding the answer you’re looking for?  Feel free to contact us using our contact form.

How do I admit myself to MRC?

The first step is to schedule a Rule 25 assessment. Call (763) 533-1388 CLICK TO CALL or e-mail us for help


Do I need a physician referral?

No, a physician referral is not required.


Can my health insurance benefits cover services at Minnesota Recovery Center, LLC. (MRC)?

Almost all medical insurance plans cover outpatient services from a licensed Chemical Dependency clinic such as MRC.


What do I tell my employer?

Patients need to evaluate what, if any, information they will share with their employer.

Federal law does not require you to provide details to your employer. However, state laws vary.  Some employers offer a confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which can be extremely helpful in this regard.

Employers may require a note from your physician indicating your need to be off work and length of time, as well as documentation you are fit for duty prior to returning to work. You may wish to apply for leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).


Can I request a specific gender?

Yes you can always request this and our program are gender specific.  When you call to make your first appointment with a registration staff person they will ask you if you prefer a male or female counselor, best times of day for you to come in, etc. Our #1 goal is to a good fit program for you and do our best to meet your needs in the best possible way.


Is MRC a Co-Occurring Disorders facility?

No. We are not a Co-occurring disorder describes the co-morbid condition of a person considered to be suffering from a mental illness and a substance abuse problem Substance Use Disorder.


Will I get individual sessions with my counselor?

Yes, you will have an Individual session occur with your counselor and/or various members of the interdisciplinary treatment team, depending on your needs. 1 to 1 occurs once a week and you will meet with your counselor. But majority of the counseling is done in a group setting.


Can I use my cell phone and laptop computer while in treatment?

Minnesota Recovery Center DOES NOT allow cell phones or computers during group/individual sessions.


How long can my family stay with me when they drop me off for admission?

If friends and/or family accompany you to treatment, they are welcome (but not required) to stay for the initial paperwork process.  This usually takes less than an hour.


How often do I have to come in for appointments?

The counselor will notify you and discuss this when you come in for your first appointment. Typically, sessions are weekly until you are doing better and then they taper until you have resolved your issues.


Are you affiliated with any hospitals?

No, we are not affiliated with any hospital and we are strictly an outpatient clinic. We do not function as a hospital.


Is MRC a CRISIS Clinic?

No, we are not a crisis clinic. Please call 911 in an emergency and/or life-threatening situation.


What Insurances are accepted by MRC?

We accept the majority of insurance plans. We attempt to verify that you have coverage prior to your visit and handle all the billing to your insurance plan.


Rule 31 – Chemical Dependency Care?

Minnesota Recovery Center is a license Rule 31 thru MNDHS and this program has met all the rigorous and high-quality standards of the State of Minnesota and has been licensed as a “Rule 31” chemical dependency program. This is a standard of care and quality that insurance companies recognize and it is also designed to protect the public by having quality standards in place.


How do I make an appointment?

Simply call the main phone (763) 533-1388 CLICK TO CALL. Once you call and request to be seen then you will be matched with a qualified clinician to work with you.